loci of control
I vaguely remember from my childhood that an internal locus of control is supposed to be better, because it makes you more motivated, etc. But lately, I've been thinking that it's not terribly realistic. The thing that has the biggest impact on my week is how much work others assign to me. In comparison with my paltry efforts to schedule something on this day or that day or get ahead, professors could much more easily make the whole week better by simply deleting an assignment from my life.
That did actually happen- we voted on whether to use class for data analysis or student presentations. Of course, we'd have to do the data analysis on our own in order to present something. Guess which one won?
I think I'm burned out- I want to retreat to one of those boring tropical societies where the weather is nice every day and people just lie around. (Haven't you ever wondered why all the powerful countries have shitty weather?)
But oh, yeah, loci of control. Although it might be better to have an internal locus of control, it just doesn't seem realistic, at all. You make one little decision- to click a number on a screen which signs you up for a class. BAM, work work work assigned by someone else. The same is true of taking a job (although I suppose in that case, you at least get paid for it.)
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home