fitday.com
When I came back from Guatemala, the health center tested my blood and said I had to eat more protein. Usually I'm skeptical of such recommendations because people who eat large hunks of animal at every meal think there's something inherently suspect about not eating large hunks of animal at every meal, but I trusted the health center because they looked inside my blood.
So, I bought a can of soy powder and started logging my food on fitday.com, I think at Megan's suggestion, and found it rather addictive. You put in your food and activities, and it returns EVERYTHING.



I learned many things from using fitday:
- It is literally not possible to get "enough" vitamin E in a normal diet.
- How many calories are in 5 slices of pizza: a fuckload
- If I overeat one day, I am likely to undereat the next
- I burn a whole bunch of calories by sitting on my ass (actually, I'm sure they were overestimating, because they show a calorie deficit above, and I never gain or lose any weight)
- It encourages me to eat more, because basically, the more you eat, the more likely you are to hit the RDA of all the nutrients
- It also encourages me to be obsessive about food
That's why I stopped using it. But, my sister has recently diagnosed my tiredness as an iron deficiency, so I might try it again for a week or so. From the middle graph above, you can see that two months ago I was hitting 105% of my iron target every day. I guess my tiredness must be either from my cold, or because synthetic thyroid hormone is just not the same, and I will be a slightly lethargic cyborg for the rest of my life.
0 Comments:
Publicar un comentario
<< Home